Apr

Three things

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

I had a fun one, although I did a horrible job recording any of it with my camera phone…

1. Spent Friday afternoon/evening with the family (DD # 1 and DS were home from their respective college/job) which included a long walk in the park, dinner at a favorite haunt, and ice cream near the river.
  2. Saturday brought a family game of Settles of Catan (I won!). 🙂
  3. Sunday was basket time and an egg hung (they’re never too old), followed by dinner with cousins.

Now tell us your three things…

9 Responses to “Three things”

April 17th, 2017 at 9:46 am

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. So glad you were able to take time to enjoy family time. (and that you won the game, lol)
    1. Since I had no computer I spent a lot of time outside, sitting with the dogs, watching the birds at my feeding station and just hiding in the shade away from the sun.
    2. Got caught up on a series I had dvr’d and got food ready for Sunday
    3. My brother came over early and fixed my computer (wahooo) so I went thru over 400 emails and got a start on over 300 notifications on fb. Then got the food set for our Easter dinner. Had a wonderful meal and enjoyed playing a bit of music trivia.
    Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. I know I did.
    Plus I am back online, lol

April 17th, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Okay, ready to rip the innards out of my computer, this is the 3rd time I am trying this, my lovely computer updated itself and bumps me off the internet frequently, so glad that it updated to work better (said with heavy sarcasm)
    One more time…
    1. Friday I got home from work only to turn around and take the youngest to the doctor. She was feeling better from the flu but developed an ear infection.
    2. Saturday hubby and I dyed eggs, the girls weren’t interested, they went shopping, which I was glad to see. They work such opposite schedules that they don’t get to hang out much. When they got home we all sat down and watched Moana.
    3. Easter I tried a new recipe for a casserole thinking that would be easier since the youngest had to work a split shift and it could be ready by the time she came home and had to leave again. It was okay but probably won’t make again. Of course while running the oven and it being in the 80’s outside the air decides to die. The youngest came home and said she didn’t have to go back. Work knew that she was struggling and told her to stay home and enjoy the rest of the day. On the bright side the new recipe for the cheesecake ball was a hit.

April 17th, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Oh Debbie S I feel your computer problem pain. 4 days without a working computer because of the update that somehow caused my internet connection to get wonky and a few other things. Working well now but for some reason it keeps shutting off and rebooting itself, ugh!
    Hope your daughter is doing better. And that you have air again, too hot not to.
    Take care

April 17th, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Kay, your weekend sounds lovely!! So glad you got your computer up and running again, too!

Your ac is out, Debbie?? Did I read that right?

April 18th, 2017 at 5:00 pm

The downstairs AC is out, they are coming tomorrow to fix it, luckily today isn’t too hot out. I hoping it’s just the thermostat, the unit is only about 3 years old.

April 19th, 2017 at 11:21 am

Crossing fingers it’s the thermostat.

April 19th, 2017 at 12:13 pm

Well, he just left, it’s some kind of high pressure switch that shuts everything down. They ordered the part and it will be a lovely $600 job. At least the part is still under warranty, it’s the labor that’s the killer. Right now he has it on a temporary override until it can get fixed…now I’m cold, LOL.

April 19th, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Sorry Debbie. I would be so happy being cold, lol

April 19th, 2017 at 5:49 pm

I’m an enigma Kay, I can’t stand being hot. At work it’s way too warm and I’m always complaining but I get chilled so easy. I have Raynaud’s and when I get chilled my fingers go numb which is irritating…there’s just no pleasing me, LOL