Jun

Some Random Thoughts

Today, I share some ramblings:

1. Patterned After Death is reviewed on Escape with Dollycas today. There’s also a guest post from me, and a chance to win a copy of the book. So check it out here.
  2. I had a lovely evening last night with three old friends (two as far back as 4th grade, and one to high school).  It was great to catch up…but UGH that we didn’t think to take a picture.
  3. The temperature gage in my car yesterday hit 100.
  4. It’s really hard to decrease your chocolate intake when there’s still Easter candy around.
  5. I really am a buffoon when it comes to technology purchases. Even with a step by step guide from DD #2’s college.
  6. Nothing breaks your heart more than seeing your kid hurt.
  7. If I didn’t have to go to the post office to mail college forms, I think today would have been a jammy-all day kind of day.
  8. When you’ve been writing for months, the thought of writing launch blogs for another book is particularly unappealing.
  9. Now that it’s actually summer, we’ve officially become an overnight hotel for the cat.
  10. My car really needs to be cleaned out. Wish I could just blame this on passengers, but I can’t…

Okay, so yeah, some random thoughts/observations, etc…

Any to share with us?

10 Responses to “Some Random Thoughts”

June 14th, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Half way to the weekend. Yay!!
    1. It’s great catching up with old friends. I wish my friends and I were better at keeping in touch. Unfortunately, adult life and moving get in the way.
    2. I would love to win the lottery so I didn’t have to work. I would volunteer and quilt all day. I could sell my quilts. Or donate.
    3. Good customer service is hard to find these days.
    4. I would like to go back and live in the 1950s. I think it would be fun. I really like the cars from that time.
    5. I so badly want the Texas Rangers the championship. Being a fan sure can be heartbreaking sometimes.
    6. My car is a mess, too. I finally washed it the other day after not being washed for about a year and a half. Gosh! And when I say I washed, I mean I took it to a drive through car wash. LOL.

June 14th, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Ah, ramblings, my expertise, LOL
    1. Question, does anyone know why when the windshield wipers start to go, it is always the drivers side that leaves one streak right in your line of vision, never higher or lower and never on the passenger side.
    2. Home office is a bunch of idiots, just saying. They decide to move half the store around, don’t warn us, we are short of fixtures and then turn around and cut payroll because they aren’t happy with how much money they are making but want these done in a week (okay this one is a bit of a rant).
    3. Went to the doc paid $25 co pay for him to listen to my heart, stomach and poke me a couple times and say if I have problems call.
    4. My dog has been staring at me with the cutest face while I at cherries, I tried explaining to him that he can’t spit out the seeds but he just isn’t budging on this issue.
    5. Saved youngest gave him some watermelon (yes, he is crazy about watermelon)
    6. Just typed a second #5 but erased it, you can’t see it, LOL.
    7. I really need to clean the littler box.
    8. Penguins won, happy, but would have been happy if the Preds won, even if they threw a catfish on the ice…Really?
    9. Penguins released a catfish into the river today.
    10. Freakin’ hot and humid outside, luckily the trip from the store with my Mango Peach Sherbet survived.
    11. How is my fridge so full and there’s nothing to eat? (Except cherries and Sherbet, which I just bought and tried to cram in there.
    12. Hate walking outside into a spider web that the stupid thing built in an entrance way…did the spider dance at 4:30 in the morning…not a pretty sight.
    13. I love to ramble. LOL
    Have a Great Day!

3. Elizabeth @ The College Seamstress
    June 14th, 2017 at 4:14 pm

1) I planned on going to bed early last night but then I started reading ‘Silence of the Flans’. I’m half way through and I’m going to read some more this afternoon!
    2) My sewing machine is in the shop and it made me really sad that it will be gone for a whole week.
    3) I could clean the sewing room, but it doesn’t sound like fun.
    4) I should really do some work in my garden but it’s so hot and humid outside.
    5) I made some brownies to go with my reading.
    6) My car was a mess up until yesterday. It’s still not perfectly clean but it’s 90% better. The outside really needs a wash though!
    7) I really enjoy exercise first thing in the morning.

June 14th, 2017 at 4:20 pm

Oh, and I just found out that I’m a Great Aunt again, ( This will be #19 and 20) They are twins that my niece in law and hubby just adopted today. This never gets old.

June 14th, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Andrea, so agree on # 3!!

Debbie, LOL on #1–LOL!

Elizabeth the C.S., love the way you worded # 5!!! And if you do #3 it’ll be ready when #2 comes back… Happy Reading with Silence of the Flans.

Debbie, congrats!!!

June 14th, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Laura, can’t believe it’s already 100 degrees somewhere! Hope your kid is okay, too.
    Debbie, congratulations on the new additions to the family!! I thought I was the only one with malfunctioning wipers. Lol.
    Elizabeth, brownies and reading sound like a grand idea. 🙂

June 15th, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Ok I honestly thought I rambled yesterday, seriously rambling is my thing. How did I miss coming by.
    1. Forgot to come by and ramble and rant yesterday when everyone was having so much fun because my brain fried at some point.
    2. I am not sure I have ever mentioned on here, but I seriously hate the heat and the humidity and speaking of them (Debbie S in todays blog) mosquitoes.
    3. People truly drive me crazy these days, seriously everyone takes things too serious or too lightly. Where did the dreaded middle ground go and why is it dreaded?
    4. One of these days I will have a cabin in the mountains/forest and not have to deal with people. Then I will be seriously complaining about customer service as I plan to have everything I need delivered.
    5. The other day my cable went out, but not my internet which I am having problems with. I called the cable company trying to get to the internet division as I was a bit bored. It took 6 tries, but finally got there. Then they couldnt deal with my internet because the cable was out. I actually did have great customer service though and she was able to drop my bill down over $20 per month.
    6. Not sure if I mentioned it but I hate the heat
    7. I really enjoy reading everyone’s blog responses on here.
    8. Why cant people be more like my dog?
    9. Slushies make summer a tiny bit better
    10. I am well known as a rambler, but never a gambler.

June 15th, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Kay, totally agree with your #3, I’m constantly rolling my eyes at the things people get hyper with…give myself a headache some days, LOL. Love your #4 too, I plan on becoming a professional hermit. You were lucky with the cable company. I had the opposite. Signed up for a better plan, the girl on the phone said there’s free installation of the new box. Fine, but they never showed. Called back and that girl had no idea of this plan, I sat and read the whole letter to her, then she tried to charge $65 for the installation and I said no it was supposed to be free, I said forget it just send the box I’ll do it, she then connects me with the tech who wanted to charge me $15 to send it, I again said no, everything was included in this plan. They send the one box, I needed the two small ones too, went to the service center, thankfully that guy was excellent and he found out that we were still charged the $65 for an installation that never happened. He fixed it. So glad that it went better for you.

June 15th, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Debbie S isnt it a shame things are the way they are now. Come on grow some thicker skin or dont get involved.
    Professional hermit is my dream!! maybe we can find cabins near enough to call on each other if we need to, lol

June 15th, 2017 at 8:48 pm