Jun

3 Things

So I have to say, this was a great weekend. Although, because it was a no-phone weekend, I didn’t get pictures.

Friday: We drove to the Shore (NJ) and chilled on the beach. It was a completely cloudy day (which felt wonderful) and I got burned–ugh! Afterward, it was a pizza dinner and a walk on the boardwalk (with ice-cream)! Then back to the hotel for a game of Settlers of Catan.

Saturday: We spent more time on the beach. Afterward, it was a walk, dinner, a stop at the arcade, and milkshakes all around!

Sunday: more beach time (sunny day) followed by mini golf!!

Very nice. Very relaxing. Now it’s time to clean, clean, clean in preparation for DD # 2’s prom and high school graduation.

Your turn…

Hugs,

6 Responses to “3 Things”

June 19th, 2017 at 11:46 am

Sounds like a great weekend!
    1. Oldest’s boyfriend flew in to visit, bless him, he had ordered parts for the youngest’s computer and told her he would fix it, which she paid for, but as a surprise he had bought two monitors for her and installed them while she was at work. He also installed the air conditioner that I had sitting there and was going to do, gotta love him.
    2. I read
    3. I read. I got 2 1/2 books finished.

June 19th, 2017 at 12:09 pm

What a lovely weekend, Laura. Sounds like y’all had a lot of fun. 🙂
    Debbie, that boyfriend of your oldest sounds like a keeper!!
    I volunteered at the library. My quiet time.
    I went to the store for 4 items only and came out with about 15. LOL. This always happens. I did get some cute summer clothes though.
    Yesterday, we finally got with the times and signed up for Netflix. We watched 3 episodes of Stranger Things. This show definitely has my attention. It’s interesting. It’s a bit nostalgic too since it takes place in the 80s.

June 19th, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Andrea, I know what you mean about the store. I stopped in today to get three items and came out with around 15 also, LOL.

June 19th, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Laura it sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Now how do you explain to them the one photo of your tootsies on the beach, lol. Pretty impressed by a no phones weekend. Not a lot of people can do that these days. Since I dont have a fancy phone it would be easy peesy for me.
    Ladies I so know what you mean about the store. And the worst place for me to go is Aldi. I go in for 4 things and come back with a cart full that I just had to have. My monthly big shopping is this week so that will be fun, so not!
    And yes Debbie S, that boyfriend is for sure a keeper.
    Ok I know my weekends are always amazing so lets see if can get all the excitement on this blog.
    1. Was sick starting Friday and felt bad, so did even less than normal
    2. Saturday still a bit under the weather (nothing serious mind you), so again did less than normal if there is such a thing
    3. Read every night as I do, so that was nice and normal. Had storms and celebrated Father’s Day. Mom made rouladen for Dad and of course we all loved it. As par for the course my dad said it didnt taste like it normally does. All in all though a good day.
    Ok once again Laura you are playing a game I have no clue of. I guess I need to freshen up on games, lol

June 19th, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Kay I had never heard of Rouladen, I had to go look it up, it sounds interesting. Learn something new everyday. I hope that you feel better.

June 20th, 2017 at 10:16 am

Hope you are feeling better, Kay!
    I too was wondering about the Settlers of Catan game. I think they played it on The Big Bang Theory once. The name sounds familiar.