Jun

Exhausted Bits

The past few weeks have been positively nutty, so I thought a bits centered around exhaustion might be fun.  So here we go…

1. Are you an alarm snoozer?
  2. When you’re over the top tired do you tend to get cranky or slap happy?
  3. In the morning, do you have to have coffee to function? If so, how many cups?
  4. Early riser or night owl?
  5. Fall asleep to quiet or TV/radio?

Have a great long Fourth of July weekend!  See you all here on Wednesday next week!

9 Responses to “Exhausted Bits”

1. Elizabeth @ The College Seamstress
    June 30th, 2017 at 12:58 pm

1) No
    2) cranky
    3) Sometimes. If I do it’s usually just 1 cup.
    4) I used to be an early riser, but since starting night shifts I am a night owl.
    5) quiet

June 30th, 2017 at 3:28 pm

1. No
    2. Slap happy, so freakin’ happy that you want to slap me.
    3. I love a cup of coffee in the morning, don’t know if it really makes me function but I do like waking up and having a cup. I’ve cut down to one, maybe two.
    4. Early since I usually have to be at work at 5 a.m. weekends I sleep in until 7…I never thought that I would ever be like this, I used to be a night owl.
    5. TV, I need it to shut my brain off, otherwise it races telling me everything I forgot to do and need to do, I try to distract it with the tv.

June 30th, 2017 at 5:33 pm

1 The best sleep in the world to me is that 10 minutes you get during the snooze. Even when I dont have to get up, I set my alarm so I can get some snooze sleep in. Weird, probably, but I love it, lol
    2 Neither, I do fine without sleep or with it. Without it I may end up taking a nap mid conversation the next day though, 😉
    3 No coffee only diet coke and I just have one as my breakfast. I wake alert (after hitting snooze 5 or more times, lol)
    4 Night owl. I go to sleep about 2am and wake at 8am (after hitting snooze of course)
    5 Quiet I guess, however I have to have the a/c blasting so Tyler doesnt hear things outside. The hut really doesnt have the best insulation.
    Hope things are calming down for you now Laura. Hope you all and your families have a super and safe 4th weekend. Take care

4. Chris C
    June 30th, 2017 at 7:47 pm

1) no. I often wake up right before it goes off
    2) cranky. very very cranky
    3) no. Diet coke is my caffeine of choice
    4) early riser
    5) quiet and dark

June 30th, 2017 at 11:15 pm

Chris-I hate waking up before my alarm! Especially one minute before.
    Debbie-my mind races too. Thinking about all those lists I need to work on. Lol.
    1. I am definitely a snoozer! I hit snooze about 3 times. Kay is right . Those extreme minutes are great.
    2. Now a days I get cranky. When I was younger I would get delirious.
    3. I drink one to two cups to keep the caffeine headaches away.
    4. Neither. I love sleeping in. I am unable to stay up past 11pm.
    5. I like quiet. I like to fall asleep reading.
    Have a nice holiday!!

6. Bob
    July 1st, 2017 at 10:48 pm

1. I wake to radio, so I listen for a few minutes until I convince myself to get up.
    2. Everything is funny when I am tired. My old job had a lot of on call, some days I worked 15-20 hours straight. I get cranky when I miss meals.
    3. My new job is 7-4 from home, first cup wakes me up, second cup because I like it.
    4. Neither, I am with Andrea.
    5. Dead quiet.
    Keep it safe and sane and happy Independence Day to all!

July 5th, 2017 at 9:39 am

Kay, your answer to # 1 cracked me up. I’m more like Chris…I tend to wake up just before it goes off.

Debbie, I’m a slap happy person, too. Perhaps we could turn around the rest of the cranky pants here. 🙂

Interesting on all of the quiet room sleepers here. I can do either, but when in a hotel, I have to fall asleep to TV.

July 5th, 2017 at 10:53 am

True about falling asleep either way, I can do it in silence it takes longer, heck I’ve been known to fall asleep sitting up right reading FB, LOL.

July 5th, 2017 at 11:28 am

When I am away from home I tend to want the tv on too. I think it is the unfamiliar sounds that makes it better to have the tv on. I can easily fall asleep sitting up anywhere Debbie. And it doesn’t have to be at night either, lol