Jul

Three Things

It was kind of a quiet, low key weekend around here, but as always I can find three fun/special things to share.

I baked some brownies (with melted white chocolate on top) on Friday night in celebration of DD# 2’s AP scores…

brownies

We had DH’s brother and girlfriend over for dinner, followed by s’mores (yep, re-using a picture)…

IMG_1837

And on Sunday night, we watched a movie on demand…

sing

Tell us three things from your weekend…

13 Responses to “Three Things”

July 10th, 2017 at 10:29 am

Those brownies sound delicious!!
    How was SING? I’ve been wanting to see it.
    My weekend was productive…I volunteered at the library. That’s always enjoyable for me. I cleaned my house. Not fun but needed doing. And then I quilted some. That was fun! Oh, a fourth thing…I finished Pinned For Murder. Loved it!
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

July 10th, 2017 at 11:03 am

Andrea, it was a cute movie!! I enjoyed it! Glad you enjoyed Pinned for Murder. Next up is Deadly Notions! 🙂

3. Elizabeth @ The College Seamstress
    July 10th, 2017 at 11:59 am

My weekend was amazing. My 14 yr old sister and I took a weekend trip to De Smet, SD to visit the Ingalls Homestead where Laura Ingalls Wilder spent most of her childhood. We are both huge fans of Laura Ingalls Wilder, so we had the most wonderful time! We even slept in a covered wagon!

July 10th, 2017 at 12:06 pm

I actually did things this weekend.
    1. A friend from Canada was in town with her daughter, husband and their 3 sons. Wednesday we took our friend and grandsons to the zoo and had a great time, I forgot how fun it was to watch little ones get excited.
    2. Friday they invited us to go with them on the General Jackson water boat ride and lunch, another fun day.
    3. Saturday hubby and I went to the mall (I needed new jeans badly for work, one the zipper keeps falling down and the other the seams look like they are about to explode they’ve gotten so threadbare…and nobody wants to see my jeans explode, LOL) We stopped at a new German Beerhaus for lunch to give it a try. I’m not big on a lot of German food but this was excellent, their spaetzle was unbelievable.
    4. Sunday, hubby’s cousin and husband came to town and we met them for dinner, it was great being able to catch up since it has been a few years since we’ve seen them.
    Of course I did some reading too. It’s amazing how I do nothing for months then everything hits at once, LOL.

July 10th, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend. Debbie S, I cannot believe you are not big on German food. You must not have had the right food, lol. If you are a meat and potatoes person, German food is the way to go 😉
    Well this weekend was a bit more exciting than most. I got my new cabinet and we put it together. Took all the piles of stuff off the table, loveseat back and seating area and put it in bags to go through. ( I will have to go through it about 3 times to get it to the levels I want and put it up). Got some containers from the Dollar Tree store and will have fun with those. So happy one of those stores is finally near us.
    Saturday we took down a huge stump and Sunday the guys cut down several huge limbs on our old, old tree. A lot of them are still in the yard, but all of the dogs are loving them. It is like watching children on a new swingset, lol.
    Oh Debbie S where is this German Beerhaus? May have to send my folks.
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new week

July 10th, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Kay it’s out at the Opry Mills Mall, I think the whole name was Barvarian Beerhaus. My problem with German food is a lot of the Bratwurst, Knockwurst type, the sausage type, I don’t like the consistency. Love spatzle, sauerkraut, red cabbage. Not a huge potato person but I did like the potato pancakes they had. Next time I may try the Rouladen, not a beef person either but this sounded good. Here’s the website, they have the menu to look at. http://bierhausnashville.com/

July 10th, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Thanks Debbie S. You would probably like rouladen, wow do they have it? I prefer my mother’s which is my oma’s so it has to be good. Schnitzel is really good and there are a few varieties. If you like spatzle you would probably like potato dumplings too. They are like big gnocchi. Thanks for the info. I will see what the folks think. May have to try it out.

July 10th, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Debbie you should get the schweinbraten or the kassler rippchen and the schnitzel sounds good too.

July 10th, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Hubby had the kassler rippchen, I think, he said it was a smoked pork chop that almost tasted like ham, he really enjoyed it. I’ll have to try the schweinbraten, I just looked it up and it sounds good. Thanks for the suggestions.

July 10th, 2017 at 3:45 pm

If it is done properly the meat falls off the bone. It is salt cured so it will taste like ham. I think you will enjoy the schweinbraten and the sides too.

July 11th, 2017 at 10:29 am

All that German food sounds wonderful!!!
    WOW, Elizabeth college seamstress!! I would so love to see where Laura Ingalls Wilder grew up. Oh I bet that was so amazing!
    Debbie-it’s so nice to catch up with friends and family. Sounds like y’all had fun.
    Kay-What a productive weekend! So…besides the containers, what else did you get from Dollar Tree? I can never leave there with just what I intended to buy. LOL.

July 11th, 2017 at 6:38 pm

I love German food, but then I was brought up on it. That place sounds great. My folks are planning on taking my niece there when she comes to town next.
    I got several containers that are coming in handy. Already filled over half of them. I got some candies, some snacks, and some other stuff I cant remember. I went there for the containers and fly swatters. They didnt have the latter. I was horrible the first time I went to one in Dallas. I think I spent over $100 on items that were one dollar, lol

July 11th, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Kay don’t feel bad, we were just laughing at work when a co-worker said that she did the exact same thing. You’ll have to let me know how they like the place, since you are used to real German food, I’m curious to what they think.