Aug

Books and Teeth, Teeth and Books

Today is wisdom tooth extraction day for DD # 2.  I’ve stocked up the fridge with pudding and the cabinet with small swallow-able size pasta.

Did you have your wisdom teeth removed?  I never did. Still have all four.  But these days, it seems routine…

On the book front, I finished Rebekah Gregory’s Taking My Life Back. Wow. Just wow.  This morning, I’m taking my new issue of Magnolia Journal to the oral surgeon’s office with me to read while she’s inside.  Once I’m home and she’s settled, I’ll be reading a contract for a novella (2018) I will be doing with two other authors for Kensington Publishing (more details to come later).

What are you reading today?

11 Responses to “Books and Teeth, Teeth and Books”

August 8th, 2017 at 7:30 am

I had two removed as a teenager, including one that was more impacted than expected. The dentist was kneeling on my shoulder to get it out. The other two took 20+ years to finally get the time to take them out.

I’ve finished several books (summer camp had lots of time to read) including the Vagrant (Peter Newman) and a couple of work related books. I just started The Queen’s Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler. Only a couple of dozen pages in, but so far its good.

2. Elizabeth @ The College Seamstress
    August 8th, 2017 at 10:27 am

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 16. They were impacted so they had to come out.
    I haven’t really been reading anything lately. I do have ‘Patterned after Death’ on my table waiting to be read but I don’t want to start it yet because I don’t want to be finished with the series!

August 8th, 2017 at 10:30 am

I’ve had my top wisdom teeth removed. I won’t lie; it was not fun. But, mouth feels so much better. My friends advised me not to drink out of straws for a while. Something to do with sucking in your cheeks and putting pressure on your gums. It made sense. Good luck to your daughter! Good luck to you with the new contract!
    The Queen’s Poisoner…just the title sounds interesting. I may have to check it out.
    I am a third of the way done with I’ve Got Your Number. Still good! I was reading in my car this morning before entering work and got so bummed when the alarm went off. I’d really like to just go back home and read my book!
    Have a nice day all!

August 8th, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Summer camp is good! 🙂

Elizabeth the C.S., I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

Andrea, I think I’m going to make I’ve Got Your Number my next gym read thanks to you! 🙂 Anything that spurs laughs sounds good!

August 8th, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I remember having my wisdom teeth out. All four, two cut out. I was in recovery and they told me I could leave when I could hold my eyes open. So I took my fingers and held them open. After a giggle they let me leave. Years (and years and years) later I drove my younger brother to get his done. I went to the nearby bookstore and when I went back he was already awake. They sure do things different now.
    I am finishing up one of the Mitford books that I failed to read when they came out. I struggled through it, but only have about 30 pages left. Then on to the new Donna Andrews book. I love her books so much. Now those make me laugh!
    Good luck to you and your daughter Laura!

6. Ruth
    August 9th, 2017 at 7:34 am

Yes, I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled a year ago. Recovery time wasn’t too long.

August 9th, 2017 at 8:43 am

I may need to try a Donna Andrews book one day, Kay!

Ruth, I’ve heard that having them pulled as an adult is hard. Glad to hear it wasn’t so bad for you.

(I still have all 4)

August 9th, 2017 at 10:20 am

All this wisdom teeth talk reminds me of a comedian, Brian Regan. He has a bit where he says he was at a dinner party and was telling his wisdom tooth story and then someone chimed in with theirs…it’s funny. 🙂
    Kay–I have some of the Mitford series. I’ve only read a few. It’s cute! I’ve not read Donna Andrews yet. I’ll have to check her out.
    All 4, Elizabeth @ CS!!! Goodness! Hope you enjoy Patterned After Death. 🙂

August 9th, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Andrea I really enjoyed all the other Mitford books. Just not this one. it was supposed to be the last one then they added a few more. I am not sure why I could just not get into it. I think you would really enjoy the Donna Andrews series. If you enjoy Laura’s books, you will like them. Both amazing writers. Although of course Laura is my favorite of the two, lol

August 9th, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Update: DD # 2 is on the upswing. And thanks to being really good about the ice the first 24 hours, the swelling isn’t too bad. Tomorrow (day 3) is the test.

August 9th, 2017 at 7:14 pm

So happy to hear that. I bet she looks great with swollen cheeks, lol. Glad she has you there to care for her. Sending healing thoughts