Aug

That One Thing

I don’t consider myself a collector of anything in particular. Yes, I have some cool Disney pins acquired over years of visiting my favorite vacation destination, but if and when I add to it, it’s only when I go and it’s only a pin at a time. The pins, themselves, weren’t purchased because they were a pin, but, rather, because of a particular memory from that trip.

I suppose that’s why I don’t really collect anything–I’m drawn to moments and experiences more than tangibles. That said, if I were to start a collection, it’s quite possible it would start with this beauty right here…

IMG_4049*Sigh*

I don’t care where I am or what I’m doing, if I see one of these while out and about, I have to stop and stare.

How about you, do you collect anything? If so, what? If not, is there something you would like to collect?

10 Responses to “That One Thing”

1. Christi King
    August 9th, 2017 at 7:26 am

I used to collect rabbits but stopped several years ago. The rabbits were taking over! Now I really don’t collect anything–except books.

2. Ruth
    August 9th, 2017 at 7:32 am

I collect sewing/embroidery machines. I own 3 of them! I love to embroider!

August 9th, 2017 at 8:30 am

Christi, real or stuffed??

Ruth, you should snap a picture of some of them and post them on my Elizabeth Lynn Casey Facebook page. I’m sure everyone would love to see them!

August 9th, 2017 at 10:31 am

Christi–LOL! If those were real then maybe you should try stuffed rabbits. They won’t breed as fast. HAHA!
    Ruth–That’s awesome! I love sewing machines and notions.
    Laura–What a cool typewriter! I have a collection of Disney pins, too! My favorite is the first one I got. It’s the fairy godmother from Cinderella. A friend traded one of his to get it for me. We were at a pin trading event at Epcot. That pin reminds me of the fun day we had!
    So, I have a few collections but have not been adding to them. My main collections are Disney pins, buttons, teddy bears, and books. Okay, I have added to the books.
    I would really love to get an antique sewing machine table with the sewing machine. It would also be great if the machine was in working order. I would love to make quilts with it.

5. Helen Churms
    August 9th, 2017 at 3:06 pm

We collect too much and it’s all over the house. The German Hummel figures that my sister and I first gave to our Mother. Swarovsky crystal animals, birds and whatever took our fancy.
    Beautiful pieces of wood, ceramics, glass, pictures, al paca rugs, wooden puzzles: where does it all end? It was such fun collecting them but not quite so good having to dust them!

August 9th, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Wow, Helen! I’ve seen those German Hummel figures. They’re so cute. I like the plates, too!
    Oooh, I have one more collection…Professional tennis player trading cards! It’s a real thing. LOL.

August 9th, 2017 at 6:21 pm

I used to collect Beatrix Potter items, especially figurines. Also carousel figurines, the odder the better. When I moved back home I got rid of all everything. I realized it wasnt the things that mattered. I did enrich my mother’s Hummel collection. (Thank goodness for ebay, lol). Being German they mean a lot to her. She now has two cabinets full of them. I was also able to get her two angels that were special made for a church that they had to find new homes for. I am so messy it is best for me not to collect anything, lol. And dusting, just not my thing!! Oh I have been collecting photos off of Alaska Life for my background on the computer, does that count, 😉

August 9th, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Oh forgot to say all the things you all collect sound wonderful, but yep dusting not for me thank ya very much, lol

August 9th, 2017 at 7:05 pm

LOL on the dusting, Helen!

Kay, I actually have one Hummel…it’s from my late grandmother. I used to look at it in her cabinet when I was a little girl. Now it sits on a prized shelf in my dining room hutch!

August 9th, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Dusting is the worst, ok vacuuming is pretty bad too, lol.
    I am glad you have that from your grandmother. Mom had a few from her younger days, but she loved them so I wanted to help her get more. They are in two hutches, one is from my oma! (The hutch that is, my dad brought it over.)