Dec

First a D’oh! and Then a Day

ipadvertical_768x1024deathgoesYou ever have that d’oh moment and think how could I have forgotten that?

Well, I had one of those yesterday when I realized I didn’t clue you all in to the fact that And Death Goes To… (Tobi Tobias Mystery #3) has released.  This is one of those series that has just been a lot of fun to write and, I hope, for my readers to read.

So now that my due diligence is done and I’ve pointed you to the book HERE, and shared the back jacket blurb…

***

The Tobias Ad Agency is in the running for the coveted Golden Storyboard, and Tobi couldn’t be more thrilled—until she discovers it’s literally an award to die for.

It’s an honor just to be nominated. But, let’s get real, Tobi wants to win. The St. Louis Advertising Awards are like the Oscars for her field, and Tobi is up for its most prestigious prize, Best Overall Ad Campaign. The competition is always fierce, but this year it’s killer . . .

Despite her high hopes, Tobi isn’t exactly shocked when she doesn’t win. But she is shocked when the winner, Deidre Ryan, takes the stage only to plummet to her death as a platform suddenly gives way. After the police discover foul play, Tobi’s Grandpa Stu wastes no time in nominating suspects. But was Deidre the intended victim—or was someone else meant to take the fatal fall? Now it’s a race to catch a killer in the spotlight, before another nominee gets the booby prize and Tobi gets trapped in a no-win situation.

***

…I shall take a moment to briefly and publically guilt myself for all the things I should be doing (getting my book stuff updated on Pinterest, making the social media rounds, writing, working out, baking) today rather than going Christmas shopping.shopping bag

But here’s the thing. I hate to shop. HATE. IT.  So, since it’s that time of year when I must, I prefer to do it mid-week while all of the folks who work outside their home are, well, at work. I’m hoping if I’m really productive, I can get a big chunk of it done.

So tell me, how is your holiday gift buying going? Assuming, of course, you don’t give everyone the aforementioned e-book. 😉

Just kidding.

11 Responses to “First a D’oh! and Then a Day”

December 6th, 2017 at 8:43 am

Wow, a Simpsons reference! (Anyone else read d’oh and not hear it in Homer’s voice in your head?)

Congratulations on the latest book!

Shopping hasn’t started yet. Maybe this week. Having 2 older kids means no pressure to figure out what they need to get Deb and family! Fortunately Deb takes care of the kids and she’s already mostly done with them. A few stocking stuffers I think is all that is left.

Question for the guys: anyone else forget stocking stuffers for your significant others? I did one year, so I now have a yearly recurring calendar item that reminds me on the 15th of December to get her something.

December 6th, 2017 at 10:09 am

I am still waiting for my copy to arrive and I did not forget it was releasing, lol.
    Well all of my shopping is way past done. Luckily we dont have to do too much. Since all of us kids are adults (including the nephew, his wife and niece) we draw names. So only have to buy for one. Then we kids split our parents and 2 buy for one. All year I pick up little things for friends and usually send them when I buy them, but do hang on to a few things so I can send them. So I am done!
    You are a good guy Chris.
    Congrats on the day after release day, lol

December 6th, 2017 at 10:51 am

YAY! Congrats on the new book!
    LOL to Chris. It’s hard not to think of Homer. Good luck shopping!
    Wow, Kay! Congrats with getting your Christmas shopping done. 🙂
    I still have 5 guys to buy for. Males are hard for me to buy for. They are family but we aren’t close so I don’t know much about they might want. I have asked the family members they live with but they haven’t given me any clue either. So I’m on my own. I plan to go this weekend and hopefully be finished. Then I can start wrapping. I love wrapping gifts!!

Good luck shopping today, Laura! Hope it goes well.
    Have a nice day all!

December 6th, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Andrea the one thing I hate about Christmas is the wrapping. Everyone knows if a gift is from me. It looks like a child wrapped it. I have gotten better, but if I have to wrap more than one or two they start looking worse and worse. Hey maybe Chris can help you find something for the guys, lol
    Laura my book just came, wahoooooo!!

December 6th, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Chris, I’m guilty of being bad about stocking stuffers for DH. So I get it. I always have that “uh oh” moment the day before. I like your solution.

Kay, LOVE the way you handle gifts. Sounds wonderful! And glad you got your book!

Andrea, guys are very tricky to buy for. Very tricky. Chris, any guy type thoughts on this?

6. Chris C
    December 6th, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Gift ideas
    – what are their favorite things? Look for a shirt for work that could have a logo. A simple helmet or logo on a dress shirt, on a polo even a workshirt. Sports, hobbies, car brands, fishing rods, other brands.
    – If they can wear them, silly socks. Really. I got 6 pairs of star wars socks last year. Wear them at least 3 times a week with dress shoes for work
    – If you have the $$ look for a driving experience. Every major race track has some kind of driving experience. A lap around Atlanta Motor Speedway was one of the most unexpected (and really fast 154mph) gifts
    – tickets to a college basketball game if they like basketball. Any minor-league hockey? Even if they aren’t fans of that team, either is a fun evening with you. Note: with you. Not he and a friend. Hockey is fun even if you don’t know what is going on!
    – silly, but appropriate for the guy t-shirts. I got one ‘yes I talk to myself, I need expert opinions’ from my daugther. There are lots and lots that you can find one that matches their personality.
    – Do they wash their own cars? If so go on Amazon and get them a really good cleaning mitt. Or a bag of microfiber towels.
    – Nephews, uncles etc. are harder. Any interest in history or a favorite city? There is probably a book about their favorite city that isn’t touristy. I got my Dad a book about the real story of building the Brooklyn Bridge. Lots of good history books that aren’t what you learned in school.
    – if they work outside find out what kind of gloves they wear. Then get a GOOD pair.
    – toys. Light sabers, nerf guns. Especially if there are several of them (brother, cousins etc. at the same Christmas dinner.) Then pull out a big nerf gun for mom. Arm the nieces too. My nieces love a good light saber battle!
    – Cards Against Humanity. (Game, shows you how poorly their parents raised them.)
    – Comics. I’ll bet they haven’t kept up with Superman, Batman etc. Silly but at the same time letting them know it is okay to still be a kid even if everyone else expects them to grow up
    – small/cheap RC cars, again if a group so they can race.
    – Lego kits of things they like. Like cars, planes, helicopters, x-wings etc.

In general most men want toys and to be allowed to be little boys again.

December 6th, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Chris, this is the BEST. LIST. EVER.

Andrea…do you see this??

December 6th, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Wow great list Chris!! Hope it helps Andrea!!

December 7th, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Hey guys!! Thank you so much, Chris!! I really appreciate it. Some fantastic ideas!! 🙂
    Kay–just a suggestion but maybe try bags and tissue paper. It’s super easy, you don’t have to deal with tape and it’s great if the item is a weird shape. Good luck!!

December 7th, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Chris, that is some great ideas, I laugh when you said the toys, my brother did that one year, he kept saying he wanted toys, he loved Garfield and that’s what we did, loaded him up with anything Garfield. Hubby is always happy with anything with any of his favorite sports teams logos on it.
    I haven’t done much shopping yet, I think I will be searching online today and doing some…if I stay awake. LOL

December 7th, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Oh yes Andrea that is also in my wrapping repertoire, lol