Feb

The Very Different Snow Day

We’re expecting some snow today. Not sure how much, but it’s supposed to be something.

Now that my youngest is off at college, snow days just aren’t as much fun. Heck I even miss the 5:30 a.m. automated phone message from the school announcing the delay or cancellation. The call would come in and I’d go into her room and say, “you have a X hour delay” or “no school.”  And I’d hear a little “YES!” from her loft bed.

*Sigh.*

I really miss that stuff.

So, assuming there is enough snow to render me housebound, I guess I’ll just do what I always do. Work. I’m in a very small in-between-projects stage right now and so I’m jumping on the marketing bandwagon.  I get back to writing next week.  But I’ll be sure to sneak in a little hot cocoa. And maybe another short story in my Tom Hanks book… 😉

What’s your weather like today?

6 Responses to “The Very Different Snow Day”

February 7th, 2018 at 9:01 am

Rain. Possible thunderstorms.

I agree ‘snow days’ aren’t fun. Even in Atlanta when everything shutdown during the ice and falling trees, as long as I had power I could VPN and do work. Plus the phones worked the whole time so lots of calls.

February 7th, 2018 at 11:11 am

I only like snow days when I don’t have anything that I have to go do. I love how quiet it is outside when it snows.
    Today–cold and sunny. Not very exciting.
    We had some freezing rain last night so that’s starting to melt now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

February 7th, 2018 at 2:31 pm

Almost makes you wish for now power for a few hours, doesn’t it. Though then you couldn’t do much else, either.

I love the utter quiet of a snowstorm, too, Andrea. So perfect!

4. Debbie S.
    February 7th, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Cold and grey here, we’ve had some rain. I am off the rest of the week, so I am confused at what day it is, since they plan on moving half the departments around I’m taking advantage of this time to get some stuff done around the house since in the upcoming weeks I expect that I won’t have much time off. Hubby and I went through the one disaster closet and tossed some things and have 3 bags ready for Goodwill. The oldest will be moving out soon, she will be moving to Seattle to be with her boyfriend, I’m sort of in mental denial right now, she just mentioned that she will use this week to start packing up her things, it’s a little hard to be in mental denial if she’s going to remind me, LOL.

February 7th, 2018 at 7:04 pm

Had rain all night and most of the morning. They said it was going to have thunderstorms so we had to sleep in here instead of the hut. Which means I do not get any sleep. I am hating how muddy the back yard is. Tyler is too.
    I love snow days. There is nothing more peaceful than the absolute quiet that comes from a good bit of snow. The night time is amazing with how bright it becomes with the snow. I sure miss those days.
    Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.
    Sorry Debbie.

February 7th, 2018 at 7:12 pm

I forgot to mark notify me, lol