Feb

Noting The Notes

Today is about some writing questions…for all of you!

1. Last handwritten thank you note you wrote?
  2. Are you a note/card-giving kind of person?
  3. Serious or funny cards?
  4. A handwritten note you’re forever glad you wrote… what was it/to whom?
  5. A note you wish you’d sent but never did…to whom/for what?

8 Responses to “Noting The Notes”

February 8th, 2018 at 11:23 am

1. to my mom’s best friend after she came to visit her. She lives in Colorado and missed her funeral so I wrote her a thank you note for coming to visit and talking with her on the phone while in hospice.

2. for my wife yes. Others, not really. Email and text is quicker

3. funny. Deb would describe some of them as Odd, especially for the kids as they got older.

4. To Deb, during a very rough patch when I was away at college.

5. nothing comes to mind. Plenty I wished I’d said in the moment or soon after, but not worth writing a note about. Of course most of those blunders were before cell phones and email so we had to actually TALK to the people to set things right (yes I’m that old 🙂 )

2. Debbie S.
    February 8th, 2018 at 1:38 pm

1. Probably a thank you note after my mom died. I admit I am horrible at sending notes and cards.
    2. No, I am more a pick up the phone and talk to someone instead. I used to try to send birthday cards, first it got to be a fortune for the size of the family, second I would forget to send them. We won’t talk about the wedding card I bought for a friend, had it all ready to go, few years later I found it buried in the back of the desk…he was already divorced.
    3. Funny,, I love to laugh and the family loves to laugh.
    4. A letter to my hubby, I was having horrible mood swings and I wrote a letter trying to explain as best as I could what was happening with me, I then wrote everything I loved about him and told him when I had another spell pull this letter out, this is the real me. He kept it until it fell apart.
    5. Nothing comes to mind, I wish that I had sent my mother more cards because she did love them, but as I said, I’m more of a pick up the phone and talk to you. Chris I’m up there with you, I remember paying a fortune in long distance calls and toll calls were even worse. LOL

February 8th, 2018 at 4:27 pm

1. A thank you note to my boyfriend’s uncle. He knows we love the Texas Rangers. So when they lost in the playoffs (I think the 2016 playoffs) he wrote us a lovely note about how it’s hard being a fan sometimes and sent us some money to buy some dinner.
    2. I try to do birthday cards for family and a few friends. I never can seem to get them out on time though. LOL
    3. Funny
    4. I can’t think of any.
    5. I wish I would have sent my grandma a thank you note for the lovely crocheted blanket and the braided rug she made for me. Maybe I will. Thanks for making me think of that.

Have a great day!

February 8th, 2018 at 7:17 pm

1 Probably one I wrote for my mother to my sisnlaw’s sister. Last one I wrote to someone had to be to my dear friend Patty for a package she sent me. I am horrible with cards.
    2. I used to be the person in the family that remembered everyone’s big days, sent everyone cards for any reason and no reason. My handwriting is so awful now I hardly write anything to anyone. Only cards I do are Christmas ones and I get them made and have everything printed on them
    3. Both depending on the occasion and the person. I also am able to pick out cards in no time flat and they will be just the perfect card. Not bragging, it is just one of the few talents I have, most of course are of no use though.
    4. I invited my grandfather to my graduation. I never thought how much it would mean to him. He was not in our lives growing up since he and my grandmother got divorced when my father was a young boy.
    5. A sympathy card to a friend I had lost touch with when her mother passed.

February 9th, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Loved reading each and every one of these answers! You’re all just really neat people, you know that?!?!

Here’s mine:

1) Since I’m having difficulty remembering, I think it’s been too long. Must correct that. Like Kay, my handwriting is not good anymore. Not sure if that’s the MS or what, so I get embarrassed and don’t write notes like I once did. Bad excuse, I know.
    2) I love cards!
    3) I like them both.
    4) To my high school history teacher. I told him how much I enjoyed his class and way of teaching. He died of a heart attack a week later.
    5) My grandma. I’d bought some cassette tapes (yup, dating myself) to record myself reading my first published short story. I was going to write a note and tell her what it was (she was quite sick at the time). Never did it. Kept that package of tapes for years after her death as a reminder not to let time go by…

February 9th, 2018 at 1:49 pm

Laura unfortunately I think the memory and the handwriting have to do with m/s. Not that I ever had wonderful, flowing handwriting, but at least people could read it, lol. I also used to have basically a photographic memory. Some stuff I still do, but other times I can hardly remember my name. Yep could be the onset of old age too, lol.

February 11th, 2018 at 1:02 pm

Other than signing books (and I feel sorry for folks with that on some days), I handwrite almost nothing these days, Kay.

February 11th, 2018 at 6:30 pm

Laura that is why I love getting cards from Shutterfly. All of my Christmas cards and any special reason. I can get it all pre-printed and no one has to try to read my chicken scratch. I think they would need a decoder ring to even begin to do that, lol