Feb

Valentine Bits

Running a little late this morning. Instead of coming home after the gym, I stopped at the store for things to fill the kids’ Valentine’s Day boxes with.  Came home, packed those up (I’m a little packing tape-challenged, to say the least) and now all that’s left to do is take them to the post office.  🙂  Wish I could see all three faces when they open their respective box of treats.

So, since I’ve got Valentine’s Day on the brain, let’s do some Heart-Day bits.

1. Have you bought your Valentine’s Day cards for your assorted loves ones yet?
  2. Favorite Valentine’s Day edible treat?
  3. Favorite go-to store for Valentine’s Day goodies?
  4. Any plans for the day yet? If so, what?

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

13 Responses to “Valentine Bits”

February 9th, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I am sure they will love it! Tell them to take a photo, lol. I let my mother tape things since I too am packing tape challenged. Fun thing about that is my mother always tapes a package as if it going to Germany. My friends all comment on how much tape they have to cut through, lol.
    1. No cards for anyone this year. Did buy my mother a little ladybug pot with a plant in it from Aldi’s today. She loves it and said she would have had to buy me one if she went in.
    2. Sweet tart type candies
    3. Drug stores or Aldi
    4. Does eating candy count

2. Debbie S.
    February 9th, 2018 at 3:01 pm

1. We don’t really celebrate Valentine’s day, we will pick up something small for the girls, usually some of their favorite candy or whatever we see, probably some socks, they are both sock fanatics with whatever weird thing you can find on them.
    2. If it’s edible I’ll eat it, LOL. Twizzlers are my favorite but if there is chocolate covered strawberries to be had, yum.
    3. Michael’s, Target, or grocery store, or the drug store if I get a chance to stop (which is more frequent now days, LOL).
    4. Nope, we celebrated on Groundhog’s day, I may make a pork roast with spaetzle (one meal I can count on everybody loving) and we’ll be watching the Olympics

February 9th, 2018 at 5:27 pm

Oh Debbie your meal sounds wonderful! When can I come over for that one? lol

4. Debbie S.
    February 10th, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Kay I’m sure your spaetzli is not as good as mine, although I don’t care, I love it.

February 10th, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Debbie you are right. Mine is not as good as yours since I dont make it. If I do I buy it in a pack, lol. You rock my friend

6. Debbie S.
    February 10th, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Oops sorry I worded it wrong I meant to say mine isn’t as good as yours, talk about foot in mouth with my fingers, LOL. Where do you find the packages of it? When we lived in Alabama I found it in packages, it makes a great tuna casserole but I’m not making it from scratch for tuna casserole. Sorry again about my wording, the brain isn’t functioning today…yeah right, like it functions right any day, LOL. Plus my typing has been horrible and I can’t even blame the cat laying on me for it, she’s avoiding me today, LOL.

February 10th, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Debbie I knew that is what you meant, just wanted to give you a hard time, lol. Knorr makes them and a few others too. My grocery (Kroger) sells it. Sorry your cat is avoiding you. You simply must make amends, lol

8. Debbie S.
    February 10th, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Thanks, I shop at Kroger and never noticed, I will have to look harder. The cat is back, she keeps laying her head on the touch pad and making wacky things happen.

February 10th, 2018 at 11:55 pm

ours is either with the rice packages or the noodles. cant remember. oh glad the cat is back!!

February 11th, 2018 at 1:07 pm

You ladies crack me up!!! I’m not even sure what spaetzle is? And Kay I had to laugh at the description of your mom’s tape job on packages. My father tapes EVERYTHING. My kids know when he’s had a hand in wrapping something because of all the tape. LOL!!

Here’s mine:

1) Yes on cards!
    2) I love the little Pillsbury sugar cookies you bake that have the hearts on them? Immediately brings me back to the kids and being mom. Just picked some up to make today…although no kids in the house. *Sniff*
    3) CVS.
    4) I think we’re going to the Outback and to see The Post if it’s still out then.

11. Debbie S.
    February 11th, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Spaetzle is a noodle that looks like a little tiny dumpling in way. It’s made with milk, flour egg and salt. The Spaetzle maker I have looks like grater that lays over the top of boiling water, it has a square trough I guess is the best word, you put some of the dough in the trough, and run it back and forth over the grater piece and it cuts off small pieces of dough that drop into the water, it cooks almost immediately, scoop them out and do another batch, it’s not hard but it is a little time consuming.

February 11th, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Laura if my mom and your dad got together they could probably pack something impenetrable. Also I am not as talented nor have as much patience as Debbie so I either buy spaetzle at the store or the German Deli (my favorite online food place)
    Eat something wonderful at Outback for me!

February 12th, 2018 at 12:23 pm

Debbie, I LOVE noodles! 🙂 Sounds delicious!

Kay–LOL! They so could, LOL!